MSU Policies and Procedures

MSU Board of Trustees (BOT) Meetings

  • BOT Meeting Dates
  • For MSU Employees who hold an interest in a company that will be doing business with MSU, a MSU contract with an external entity in which an MSU employee holds an interest will most likely require public notice and Board of Trustees’ approval. Please contact our office (Conflict Disclosures and Management, for assistance with identifying conflict of interest and processing contracts or agreements that will need BOT approval. Please note the BOT does not meet over the summer months and reconvenes in September.
  • Contracts of Public Servants with Public Entities (Act 317 of 1968)

Public Health Service (PHS)

National Science Foundation (NSF)

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

Department of Energy (DOE)

Public Accessibility

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services regulations concerning Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research ()requires that, prior to expenditure of any funds under a PHS-funded research project, MSU shall ensure public accessibility of information concerning any Significant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosed to MSU that meets all of the following three criteria:

  1. The SFI was disclosed and is still held by the senior/key personnel on the research project;
  2. MSU has determined that the SFI is related to the PHS-funded research; and
  3. MSU has determined that the SFI creates a Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI).

Public requests for information under this provision must be in writing, whether emailed or mailed via U.S. Post, and must include the name of the Investigator and the title of the PHS-funded research project in question. Please also provide the PHS grant number, if possible. Requests will be answered in the manner they were received within five business days of receipt by the  Conflict of Interest Office and shall include the information required to be disclosed per the U.S. DHHS Regulations. The information provided will be current as of the date of the correspondence.

Requests for public access for information about FCOIs related to Public Health Service funding must be sent to the Conflict Disclosures and Management Office.