How To Disclose

Below are step-by-step instructions on how to complete an Annual Disclosure of personal significant financial interests through the online Conflict of Interest Disclosure Portal on the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) web site. 

When you are ready to complete an Annual Disclosure, or to update one, go to the online portal.

 At this site, you will see the following screen:

Once you've logged into, on the left hand side you'll see a box called "Frequently Used Tools". Click on "Conflict of Interest Tools". Your record of previously completed Annual Disclosures will be shown. Click Click here to Start New Annual Disclosure in the upper right of the "Manage Annual Disclosures" tab and follow the instructions.

If you are editing your Annual Disclosure, click Recertify under "Actions", next to "View". See below:

If you HAVE NO personal Significant Financial Interests related to your Institutional Responsibilities to disclose, then click I HAVE NO Personal Interests, click Next, and Certify your answer.

If you HAVE personal Significant Financial Interests related to your Institutional Responsibilities to disclose, then click I HAVE Personal Interests and click Next and you will be prompted to enter each entity.

  • Add new entities in which you have a personal Significant Financial Interest by clicking "Financial Entities" at the top and then "Add a Financial Entity" in the upper right corner of the "Manage Financial Entities" tab. Click "Save" when you are completed with each new entity.

  • If the entity is no longer a personal Significant Financial Interest, click Edit on the right and uncheck the Currently Active box near the top.

  • Click Save for each entity that you edit.

  • When you have finished adding the names of entities you are required to report, click "Sponsored/Reimbursed Travel", then "Add Travel Information" and add details (if any) for any trip(s) you are required to report or are expected to take.

IMPORTANT: Once you have completed all required revisions and the addition of new information, remember to return to the Annual Disclosures Tab, click on Edit/Recertify, and step through the subsequent screens to Certify your answers.

Please contact if you have any questions or require assistance.

If you do not have access to the Office of Sponsored Programs portal (For non-MSU personnel and students):

A MSU net ID and Z-PID is required to access the OSP/CGA portal. If you do not have a MSU net ID (e.g., because you are a graduate student, sub-recipient, etc.) and are required to disclose your financial interests, use this form to make your disclosure and this form to disclose entities